1. Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2. through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
4. perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.